Malta Citizenship by Investment Program
Malta is the largest of the three major islands that constitute the Maltese archipelago. Malta is in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea directly south of Italy and north of Libya. The Maltese climate, culture, history and lifestyle make Malta one of the most attractive places to live in Europe. This coupled with Malta’s attractiveness as a business hub and its competitive tax system elucidates Malta’s rising popularity with the internationally mobile citizens.
Malta Citizenship by Investment may be granted under an amendment passed in November 2013 to the Maltese Citizenship Act, Chapter 188 of the Laws of Malta. Malta’s citizenship by investment program requires individuals to make a financial contribution and investment in Malta’s social and economic development. The contribution can be in the form of
- A non-refundable contribution of €650,000
- An investment in Maltese Government bonds €150,000 (no ongoing top-ups required)
- The purchasing or renting property in Malta (€350,000 / €16,000 per year for 5 yrs).
Benefits of Malta Citizenship by Investment
- Rights of EU citizens including the right to move, reside and live freely in any of the 28 EU Member States.
- Only approved investment program by the European Union.
- Visa free international travel to over 160 countries including the UK and the USA
- Citizenship itself is tax neutral (tax advice should be sought)
Grounds for Refusal of Malta Citizenship by Investment
- Providing false information
- Having a criminal record or being subject of a criminal record
- Potential national security threat
- Likely to cause disrepute to Malta
- Denied a visa to a country
Grounds for Revocation of Malta Citizenship by Investment
Citizenship was acquired by means of fraud, false representation or the concealment of any material fact or such citizen has shown himself or herself by act or speech to be disloyal or disaffected towards the President or the Government of Malta or such citizen had engaged, unlawfully traded or communicated with an enemy or been engaged in or associated with any business that was motivated by willingness to assist an enemy in that war.
Malta Citizenship Application Process
- Apply for Residence, 1 year in advance
- Formal Application by Accredited Person
- Identity Malta confirms if documentation submitted are formally in order
- In Principle Approval
- Formal Request for Contribution
- Deadline for paying balance on contribution.
- Final Compliance: Provide evidence of Property Purchase / Rental & Investment.
- Issue of Certificate of Naturalisation (maximum time to issue: 2 years). Subject to: Oath of Allegiance, 1 Year residence.
For detailed information on fees, processes and timelines write to us at email@example.com
Disclaimer: Information given in this brochure does not constitute as advice on any particular matter, AM Abacus group is not responsible for any action or inaction taken on the basis of above information.